New chequerboard cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gheitman

Aquarium Advice Addict
My LFS just got in some chequerboard cichlids (Dicrossus filamentosus), Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Nigerian Red" and Apistogramma agassizii last week. They haven't had chequerboard cichlids in months so I had to get four (one male and three females) at US$15.99 each. The Apistogramma agassizii and Pelvicachromis taeniatus were going for US$60 a pair which was a little outside my price range.

I'm getting a new 20 gallon tank for the chequerboard cichlids this weekend (while they are in my quarantine tank). They appear to be eating well (frozen bloodworms and freeze-dried brine shrimp are their favorites) and actively swimming around the tank. I'll post pictures the first chance I get.

I went back to my LFS today and they just got in some Apistogramma borellii and Apistogramma iniridae. I don't remember how much the first were selling for but the latter were US$2.99 each. It makes me want to buy more than one tank this weekend.

Go ahead and buy more then 1 tank! you won't regret it!!! :wink:

I googled the fish you got and they look great! :D
Congrats on the new aquisitions!

picture of male

Here is a picture of the male that I took with my digital camcorder.

Attachments

• aut_0246.jpg
    aut_0246.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom