Python no spill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally bought a python no spill. I get yelled at so much for spilling water. So I was able to convince my mom to buy the Python no spill. Anyone have one? How easy is it to use?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have 2 of them and absolutely Love them. However, I would recommend buying a "Drymate Cleaning Mat". I got mine at Drs Foster & Smith website. It is an absorbent mat that has a waterproof backing. When you pull the tube out of the tank you will no doubt spill some on the floor. The big advantage is not having to dump bucket after bucket of dirty water and no lugging and pouring buckets of water back into the tank.

The Python is truly excellent. It makes water change virtually painless.

If you are worried about dripping water on the floor just switch it back to suction mode before you remove it, tilt it upright and dry the end off with a towel.

Anyone know if you can get a 1" diameter Gravel Tube for the Python No Spill? I have Sand in one of my tanks and the goldfish eat some sand with the food, making the poop too heavy to go up the tube. I have read where people just use the flexible tube to increase suction, but I want a solid plastic tube.

It may appear you cannot remove the large siphon tube from the python but you can(pull hose off nipple). I usually start my siphon with the big tube thingy then pull it off keeping the hose under water for heavy suction jobs. My reef tanks are barebottom so i use it often.

Life without this item would be hell. Good thing you bought the python because the aqueon is garbage.

Someone mentioned the aqueoun to me because it was cheaper, I was skeptical because I've heard good thing about the Python but nothing about the aqueoun.

Someone mentioned the aqueoun to me because it was cheaper, I was skeptical because I've heard good thing about the Python but nothing about the aqueoun.

My first python I bought at walmart crazy right? Had it for over 8 years. Only reason I got rid of it was because I used it on a copper treatment tank and ocd made me throw it out.

Replaced it with a Aqueon because it was cheaper, the hose was hard as a rock and terrible to work with. The sink adapter lasted maybe 6 months before it broke. Never again.

I reorded a 50ft python from bigals and a male and female adapter to split the hose in the middle. I plan on buying another male and female adapter so that I can have a 8 foot section if I choose.

I ordered a 25ft one from dr. Foster and Smith. It came to $40. hopefully I will get it this week so I can do my water change.

I already broke the sink trying to figure out how to get the aerator out. So that will be funny when my mom finds out. It's not reall broken but it kinda hangs and won't stay when I push if in. Haha ? oh well.

Back
Top Bottom