two plants and 5 rummynosed tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
Final catch: 5 rummynosed tetras and 2 Anubias barteri plants

I had a tough time deciding between a school of Julii Cories and the Rummynosed tetras, but my friend who works there said he talked to a local breeder who has a batch of really nice cories he'd like to sell in a few weeks, so I decided on the tetras. There were five so instead of splitting up the little school, all of them went into the bag :D I know these guys are healthy because the store's last shipment was about 2 weeks ago. Anyway, they are now swimming around happily in the 55 gallon.

Oh, but I gave the store my two Asian Suncats. I think they are the culprit behind the death of my Blue Ram :( I had seen them quarrel breifly, but hadn't thought anything of it. It wasn't my water because pH was 6.8, ammonia 0, nitrates 0 and nitrites 0. I double checked it with the store's test kits, just in case mine were screwy. *Sigh* He was one of my favorites.

thanks Jchillin, I was really hoping to use that male for spawning as well. I haven't seen a prettier one yet since I had bought him. I guess I've learned my lesson on thinking they were "just playing around."

On a happier note, I wish I had a camera to show off how cool these rummynosed tetras are... they are schooling all over the tank, it is so cool.

actually, I'm at a friend's apartment right now, and one of the guys has a digi camera... perhaps I'll have them up by tonight :D

btw, the guys just roll their eyes at me when I asked and told them why. hehe, they're great friends though!

I have five rummy's and they are awesome. I'd take some pics but they never stay still and I'm just not skilled enough with the camera to get a good one. Good luck with your new fishes. :D

Back
Top Bottom