What to follow my Rasbora with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ViPz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I guys n gals, I have kept 6 happy little Rasbora Harlequin for about 6 weeks now and am looking for some kind of colourful larger fish for my tank. I wanted a Siamese but have heard they may not be friendly enough for my Harley's ... And suggestions for cute, flowy or just visually colourful fish to liven up my tank!
Thanks,
Newbie Vipz

How many gallons is your tank? What type of filtration are you using? What is the PH of your water? All these questions will get you better answers. Also what type of fish have you been lookning at getting?

SeverumGuy said:
How many gallons is your tank? What type of filtration are you using? What is the PH of your water? All these questions will get you better answers. Also what type of fish have you been lookning at getting?

Hi, tank is 19gallon, normal filter with a sponge thing inside it, Havnt bothered to test ph, just want sum nice fish in there, please advise what would be compatible with the rasbora?

A 19g doesn't give you much room for anything too much bigger. Are you looking for a larger schooling fish or one or two larger fish that don't school? You can go with a few rainbows, other types of tetras, or a gourami or some sort

SeverumGuy said:
A 19g doesn't give you much room for anything too much bigger. Are you looking for a larger schooling fish or one or two larger fish that don't school? You can go with a few rainbows, other types of tetras, or a gourami or some sort

I don't kno the difference between schooling and non schooling fish. Ideally I wud like one or two slightly larger fish that won't breed

Schooling fish are ones that swim around together and prefer to have a group such as tetras, rainbows, etc. if you want one or two larger fish you could try a gourami. There are several to choose from and they're all pretty and graceful. I would only recommend one for a tank your size because they are semi-aggressive towards other gouramis. I've owned several and just recently gave my pearl gourami to my girlfriend.

Something else to consider is that if you have had these fish for 6 weeks in your tank, is your tank cycled?

Cycled means that you have an established bacterial colony that convert aquarium waste into less harmful chemicals.

Do you test your aquarium water for levels of toxicity?

Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate

Seeing as you don't test your pH are you testing anything else?

If you don't know about cycling an aquarium I personally wouldn't add any more fish until you understand the basics about toxic chemicals in your aquarium water.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom