265 gallon fowlr stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JraGold

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking for some ideas to add to my fowlr setup. Hoping to have it up amd running this weekend.

Tearing down my 235 reef setup. Using the live rock in this setup and adding another 130 lbs after its cycled.

All I know that we really want is an emporer angel, and a dog faced puffer. Also getting a beautiful niger trigger off of a friend. Would really like a blue ribbon eel as well but I've read they can be quite finicky so I might hold off a bit on that guy.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't get a blue ribbon. 99% don't live in captivity. How about a miniatus grouper?? A couple different tangs would be a cool addition as well

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a 240g with a Scribbled Angel, Rusty Angel (that will not allow another dwarf angel in), Purple, Blonde Naso and Desjardinni Tangs, Harlequin Tusk, Magnificent Foxface, Green Bird Wrasse and Longnose Hawk. All get along with one another so far. I plan to add another Large Angel, male Blue Throat Trigger and Lyretail Hogfish and will probably call it quits with those. Were you looking to go more aggressive?

I agree with not adding the ribbon eel. They are very cool, but also very difficult. Read up on them before considering that purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

OK cool! Not too sure what I wanna do really just know what few I'm gonna have. Thanks for the heads up on the eel too. I've
heard/ read that they can be quite difficult to keep.

As for wanting to go more aggressive I'm not sure as I don't really know what's aggressive and what isn't. I'm coming from having a fully stocked african cichlid tank which seemed to always have aggression so maybe not as much.. if that makes any sense! ?

I seem to always gravitate to the triggers and some tangs ( I seem to have expensive taste in tangs...), and angels (dwarf and the big guys).

Trying to put some sort of a stock list together for the 265. How many fish and at what size would be a decent stock? How many tangs, angels, triggers.

Back
Top Bottom