3 deaths in 1 week!!! ;(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FloridaNewbie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well it sucks, lost my favorite fish ad shrimp. And had to give one up to a friend!!! Tank was running great, almost a year soon, then the air conditioning in my house breaks down. Took 5 days to fix it. I tried my all to keep the water temp below 85( i usually have it at 80). But in south FLorida it is hard. One day the temp was at 91. i did the frozen water bottles, fans on top with no hood.. But my skunk shrimp didn't handle the temperature swings very well and he died the second day. On the last day my bristle star tried to eat my Pigmy Cherub angel. He got away but he was VERY beaten up from it( the sixline took advantage of the situation to pick on him) So i put him out of his misery. The bristtle star had a big rip on its side middle disk and lost an arm. I was gonna toss her, but i offered it to a friend who has bigger fish and he took her. Anyways tank is back to normal and i still got my 2 clowns, the sixline and 3 pepper shrimp!!

Leo

Sorry about the loss. I would have thought the ice bottles and fan would have done OK.

Back
Top Bottom