Base Rock Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone I wanted to know what it means when your ordering Base Rock and it says Box 45# or 65# now does that mean 45LBs or 65LBs... Just wondering I was on www.marcorocks.com and saw that just wondering what that means? Oh and he's got awesome deals right now.... .89LB for Base Rock.... :confused:

Don't forget to cure that rock outside of your tank. I've heard that their base rock often contains a lot of dead matter that re-hydrates and then decays in the tank.

I agree, mine has some dried out stars.

Cool.... Will do once arrives..... But real quick the base rock i got from my LFS bleach there base rock to kill off any waste thats left.... LFS store guy told me 2 put it in salt water for 48 hrs and then i should be fine to add... and it's been 2 weeks since I have added it to my tank and no issues with my water levels..... Fish are still in a Very healthy state..... But i sure will cure these once they come in and I will post pics with the progress...

Man, I hope you didn't get the Fiji. I ordered mince from his site two and a half months ago and still haven't gotten it. He just makes excuse after excuse :rolleyes:

Man, I hope you didn't get the Fiji. I ordered mince from his site two and a half months ago and still haven't gotten it. He just makes excuse after excuse :rolleyes:

Um... If you haven't gotten your product that you haven't gotten in 2 in a half months I would be asking for my Money Back by now it really wouldn't be worth waiting.... Especially if it's Shipping UPS usally should take 7-10 business days to get in and if he's is giving you the run around I bet he never had any to begin with and is hoping that some will show up one day.... Thats bad business if he's having customers wait 2 1/2 months for there product to be shipped out.... I do Customer Service and I understand customer rights.... IF your experiencing issues with him shipping your Fiji Rock.... Then you shouldn't sit there and wait 2 1/2 months for it... Sorry that just upset me....:uzi::new-alien:

Interesting, I have never had issues with him. Please keep us updated!

When I first ordered it his sight said he would have new stuff in two weeks and to pre order beforehand to make sure you got it. Alright, makes sense, supposedly he has good product and I can see it selling out fast and two weeks isn't too much. Nothing.

Then a week after that I call and all of a sudden it is "in transit." Okay, I ship millions of dollars a military material around the world every day but this is a civilian freight from Fiji, I can see it getting held up in the port or whatever.

Then a week later it was in country and should arive any day! But it didn't.

Then supposedly there was a lawsuit in Fiji saying they had over harvested rock for the year and no more shippments were authrorized. Being sensitive to enviromental concerns I could see this, except this shipment was already in country and there is no way Fiji was going to intercept and halt a comercial container, but hey I am a reasonable guy. Nothing.

Then there is a message via email saying it was all resolved and he got the last approved shipment and it was on its way. ONLY TWO WEEKS TO DELIVERY! As if that was supposed to be a good thing, it already being two months overdue.

Well, two weeks was last Friday, and nothing. Being a holiday weekend I figured maybe Mark was on vacation. Sure, he should be bending over backwards to satisfy his customers at this point, but we all know how American business ethics works these days ;). So I call on Monday. No answer. I call yesterday. No answer. I call today. No answer. I left a message (friendly) asking for him to please call me back and give me an update. No call back.

The guy is a flake, which is odd considering his previous reputation here. I could have flown the **** rock here from Fiji myself for less effort. At first i didn't really mind, I was cycling my tank and adding a little BS wouldn't matter, it wasn't like I could put live stock into the tank anyway. After that I went ahead and bought some snails/hermits and a few Chromis, just to give me something to look at. In the mean time I bought my Powder Blue Tang figuring that the rock would surely arrive within the four week quarrantine time. Surely, right? Nope. And I don't dare put that tang into my main tank until the rock work is done.

So basically I am sitting around waiting. Also, being in the military I have limited time to have this tank set up, just two years before I move god knows where. So this guy is slowly waisting the time I get to enjoy this tank.

WOW!!!! Slow is not the I would have lost Patience by the end of the first month..... :snipersmile: Done!!..:)

Back
Top Bottom