Blue leg hermits are awesome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AR15 guy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I finally decided to pick up some life for my little 10 gallon FOWLR tank.

Bought a tank raised perc for 19.98. Not to bad. A half dozen blue leg hermits for 5$ and 2 turbo snails for 4$.

I have a piece of fiji rock in there that is completely covered with algea. Within an hour of putting the hermits in they have began to clear it. So far the snails haven't done much at all. I am pleased to see that the hermits are doing a good job. Thta rock needed it. It looked terrible.

I acclimated the perc with the shot glass method. Over the course of 4 hours. When I put him in he acted great. Didn't act asif he had been shocked in anyway. He is doing good.

I got 6 blue legs and 1 normal one I think. One is red with a large purple claw. If I get some shrimp or something I may have to get rid of that one. Won't they eat about anything?

Just wait until they get bigger. Here is my 'Big Blue". he is a full 2" across now! :D

Attachments

• blue30001_174.jpg
    blue30001_174.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 73
He looks pretty cool. Where did you get extra shells at?

Do you have any idea if turbo snails reproduce quickly? I know most snails reproduce A-sexually so you get a ton of them. Are turbos the same way?

I was told Turbos do great on algea. So far they haven't even touched it. The crabs have been at it since 5pm non-stop. They almost have my rock cleaned off. Looks a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom