Dissappearing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PontiacFan87

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well last weekend I bought a blue tang, it seemed to be doing fine saw it last on Thursday night. Came home from work on Friday and couldn't find it, and still cant find it today. I do have 2 Serpent Sea Stars (about 5-6" in diameter) in the tank. Could it be possible that the tang died and the sea stars gobbled him up overnight? That's the only explanation I have, I've looked everywhere else. All other fish in tank are doing fine though, so I don't know what would have caused him to die so sudden.

How big is the tank and how much rock is in there? You would be amazed at where a dying fish can wedge into.

Its a 125 gal tank with 120 lbs of rock. I moved all the rock this morning and didn't see anything

Moving the rocks around can stress the fish if it was hiding, better to test for ammonia and let nature take its course imo. Like carey said, they can wedge themselves into some tight spots, I recently transfered everything from my 50 into my 220.

I moved a large rock as I was placing it inside I noticed my lawnmower blenny staring at me. He took a ride across the living room without me knowing.

Back
Top Bottom