Fish aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gza166

Aquarium Advice Freak
Recently bought a clarkii clownfish to a 30g tank that I've had running for three months now with no problems. Salinity is good and levels are good. My problem is my damsel starter fish which is about 3-4 inches and my clown is about 3 inches. I moved around the rocks to confuse the damsel but it just keeps chasing him. The clown swims up at the top and won't hid just run. Anything I can do to stop this?

Us that's what I thought. I should probably get rid of him

I don't think I ever saw a 4" damsel. What kind was it? If you think the damsel was mean, wait until the clarkii gets established. A 3" clarkii will become a terror.

It was a blue fin damsel, it was a good looking fish. I hated to part with him but I weighed it out, a 4 dollar fish to an 18 dollar fish. So he had to go

Crister13 I actually have a neighbor who has one, it's awesome.

I was just gonna say that my clarkii just about killed my damsel when I added him. Still got rid of the damsel, but surprised to hear about the damsel running ur clarkii out. How is he now?

I got rid of the damsel and the clarkii is fine, it was better that I got rid of him he was nipping at my button polyp. I then went back to my Lfs and got a fireface goby and a scooter Blenny the clarkii disappeared and the goby was swimming around. Turned off the lights for the night and when I woke up and saw the clarkii and the Blenny out. Haven't seen the goby but I was only home for about 30 minutes.

I had the same issue with damsel, thought my polyps were a snack between feeding as well as the occasional visit to my frogspawn. Was glad to see that terror leave, plus a friend of mine now has three damsels that swim around in his po tank. Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Whenever I have a problem with a fish I take him out of the tank and put him in a pot. I then slowly start tossing in celery carrots and onions. He gets the picture real quick.

ccCapt said:
I don't think I ever saw a 4" damsel. What kind was it? If you think the damsel was mean, wait until the clarkii gets established. A 3" clarkii will become a terror.

Pretty certain the Jewel Damsel hits 6 inches. Had one but never saw it get that big.

It can get up to 6 inches, and it was getting there

Back
Top Bottom