Help Anemone is hiding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rafatoy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all, i have a slight concern about my green tip bubble, he was doing great couple days ago, n just yesterday he closed up and starting hiding in a little hole In the live rock, clowns were having fun, and now the fun is over, BA is hiding, should I be concern, ?

Anemones move around when they want to, and mine did that a couple days ago. I think you should be fine. If he doesnt come out in awhile, move him. Make sure not to damage his foot. I found a really good way. You get one of those extremely small flathead screwdrived and slide it UNDER the foot, not through. You have to be VERY careful. GL!!!!!

What kind of lights do you have, what are your water parameters and how long has the tank been setup?

Crister13 thanks for the advice,
ccCapt, where shaw I begin, humm. Alway wanted to start a saltwater, been with freashwater for about 6 years and its been fun, so the opportunity came. I aquire this tank from a friend that was done with this hobby, most of all the everything he had was coral, the light is an metal halide 150w 10k bulb, (I do have a chiller), (so he says), yes I know I am newbie and should of waited for the tank to finish its cycle, have been reading and keeping myself well inform, I did a naughty thing by not following the rules, (PATIENCES), but I was not going to let all his creatures die, (they too was part of the package). So ccCapt to answer your question, water parameter pH 8.0 Ammonia .25 Nitrite .5 Nitrate 0, that was the test on 11/26/11 before hand water para with Nitrite was 0 and Nitrate was 0. Here's the no no, tank setup time its now 3 weeks. Anemone was doing good, now as I write this it has found a hole in LR and has manage to hide most of itself inside, and some sort of white slim on the LR. Help !!
Dont want it to die, I rescued him!!!!

update: wife just called, and inform me that my concern anemone just split in half, one half around the corner from the LR and of course the other half still inside the LR, jst make out from the pic she sent me but it looks like it may be stuck inside?? can anyone relate???

My rose tip bubble goes into the dark to split. Last time it split in three. Give it a week or so and they will all be out healthy again

Back
Top Bottom