High nitrites and nitrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dominick0524

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I've seem to have came to first saltwater fish tank problem. My nitrites seemed to have gone up to dark purple on the API test kit and dark and my nitrates have reached to a dark red. I know that it ain't the feedings because I feed the fish every 2 days. My livestock are 2 small fish a clownfish that isn't doing so well and a fish that I don't know the name but is just doing great. My ammonia is at 0 but don't seem to know what's going. Please any advice will be grateful.Image1485913883.556925.jpg Image1485913913.916599.jpg

You did cycle the tank right? Almost sounds like that is what it is trying to do.

Yes it was cycled I had checked everything I had gone down to 0 except for my nitrates that were around 15-20ppm

And I`m assuming that the rock was in the tank when you did cycle. You have not lost any fish lately?

Yes I've had the rock since the setup and no those are the only 2 fish that have been in the system.

Ok I will try that. Thank you both for taking time from your day to reply to my question[emoji106]

I would wait roughly 24 hours after a PWC to retest to get accurate tests. Sounds like a mini cycle since it is established.

Back
Top Bottom