Lionfish and snowflake eel 55 gallon tank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marcquez08

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55 gallon tank that I am setting up and I want to have a lion fish and a snowflake eel. Would this be ok in this size tank??? Also I have a bucket full or aragonite an I was wondering if that would be ok with the snowflake eel?

Your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciate!

You didn't specify which type of lion fish. If you are talking a Volitan, you tank is kind of small (by about half). My experience has been lion fish are not really aggressive unless messed with. The Snowflake eels I've had have also been mild mannered. Anyone else had different experiences with these fish?

Yes either a voltian or a russels. I've had one before along with an eel and really loved them both. And once they got on the bigger side I took them to my lfs and they bought them back from me. Would a baby lionfish grow extremely quick in a 55g?

I had 3 inch (body length) Volitan in my 180g that almost doubled in length in about 2 months. I was only feeding him 3-4 days a week. I took him back to my lfs after he stung and killed my Emperor Angel (who constantly messed with him) and my Raccoon Butterfly (accidental stinging during feeding. I have no experience with a Russell's.

if I were u I would get a fuzzy dwarf lionfish, or a Mombasa. mombasa looks just like a volitan, but grow only around 6 inches compared to 15. fuzzy dwarfs look cool and only get 7 inches. plus I think they would b happier in a 55 than a volitan

Back
Top Bottom