Live rock question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronald Marcelo

Aquarium Advice Activist
co worker just gave me about 7 pounds of live rock with coralline growth on it! He's the man LOL. Feeling really lucky

Should I have any concerns putting this rock straight into my tank? It came from a fully established tank going on about 3-4 years now. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image-1178191889.jpg
    image-1178191889.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 59
I believe 24 hours is the max for live rock to not be submerged. I may be wrong but how big is your tank? 7 lbs may not be enough to do anything anyway depending on tank size

I believe 24 hours is the max for live rock to not be submerged. I may be wrong but how big is your tank? 7 lbs may not be enough to do anything anyway depending on tank size

Oh no im sorry i have 45lbs in my tank already. I currently have zero in my refugium so i wanted to add a few pieces in there and another piece to my main. I believe it is 24hrs but i just wanted to know if i could cause a mini cycle in anyway... The rock is cured. Thanks again... I was just wondering whats the worst case scenario

Back
Top Bottom