Mating clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamroz37

Aquarium Advice Activist
im fairly new to the saltwater aquariums so i don't know if this is a stupid question. Last Friday was the first day i was able to put fish into my new tank so i went to my lfs. I bought one clown and one yellow tail damsel, but had to take the clown back because the damsel was beating up the clown forcing him to swim at the top of the tank on his side. so i traded it in and bought another yellow tail damsel but after a few days i realized at least in my tank all they do is hide and there not very fun to watch.So today i went to the fish store and bought two more clowns, the reason i bought two was just so i can have a pair so one will not get beat up from the yellow tails. so finally to my question will these two fish be able to mate?i wasn't sure because the one is black and the other yellow. the reason i bought them both was because the tank they where in they looked very close and even in my tank now they wont leave each others side. The black one is about twice the size of the yellow and can you also help me out with there real names please.

i just bought two clowns today not sure of there names if you could help but one a black with three white stripes and sort of a yellow nose and the other is a yellow with two stripes can these two mate? i saw them in the tank at the store and they wouldnt leave each others side so i thought i would add them to my tank. if so how can i try to get them to mate? also im a beginner at this any help is appreciated. also what are the real names of these fish thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 103
Hey I just also got my clowns too like a week ago. But clowns will mate when they want to. They can do it in a year, month or even never. Really all depends on the clown. A sign of mating would be aggressiveness with other tank mates. Research is key

i just bought two clowns today not sure of there names if you could help but one a black with three white stripes and sort of a yellow nose and the other is a yellow with two stripes can these two mate? i saw them in the tank at the store and they wouldnt leave each others side so i thought i would add them to my tank. if so how can i try to get them to mate? also im a beginner at this any help is appreciated. also what are the real names of these fish thank you!

Yes those two can pair and maybe eventually mate. One is a black and white percula clown and the other is either false perc or true perc.

Hey I just also got my clowns too like a week ago. But clowns will mate when they want to. They can do it in a year, month or even never. Really all depends on the clown. A sign of mating would be aggressiveness with other tank mates. Research is key

i wonder what the colors and patterns of offspring would look like

Back
Top Bottom