Naso tang, raccoon butterfly, hawaiian spotted puffer, squareback anthias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont mean to be off topic, but the advice given is not good in my opinion. I would not advise anyone to buy a 1" blue tang and put it in a 10 gallon and upgrade the tank from 10-20-30-40-50 etc as the tang gets larger. This is just irresponsible and bad fish keeping, which is pretty much what you guys are telling trena to do.

She is not overstocked right now, but at this rate she will be very soon. I dont think people should encourage impulse buys like this.

Absolute, i know that i have been keeping saltwater fish and researching longer then the OP.

But this conversation isnt going anywhere so good luck trena!

No one is telling her to get a small tank and upgrade, she didn't even ask for advice. There's nothing wrong with putting small fish in a small tank and then upgrading as necessary, if you have the means to do so.

This isn't at all what was done. This is a 110 with young fish that will be upgraded to a much larger tank; not a 10 to 20-30-40-50, etc. so the comparison is completely irrelevant. In addition, there was NO advice given... or sought. ;)

Any more bickering will get this thread closed. Let's please keep it tactful.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I dont mean to be off topic, but the advice given is not good in my opinion. I would not advise anyone to buy a 1" blue tang and put it in a 10 gallon and upgrade the tank from 10-20-30-40-50 etc as the tang gets larger. This is just irresponsible and bad fish keeping, which is pretty much what you guys are telling trena to do.

She is not overstocked right now, but at this rate she will be very soon. I dont think people should encourage impulse buys like this.

Absolute, i know that i have been keeping saltwater fish and researching longer then the OP.

But this conversation isnt going anywhere so good luck trena!

I have to agree. They are already susceptible fish to begin with. Stress kills tangs. They grow faster than a tank matures, and they cannot be put in a 10g tank.

Its comparable to putting a midget in a tree house, sure its his size but he still needs room to run and cast spells.......

Stop it folks. Any more bickering and the thread WILL be closed.

To the OP- I think you'll be fine long term as long as you keep up your level of commitment. Nice fish!

Just speaking from experience here. I have owned a naso tang. I had it in a 150 until it caught ick and got pop eye and died. These fish get massive. I don't think they should be kept in any tank under 250g. Scopes tangs, i own a yellow, you may be fine with him. Dogface puffers, get really big. I think if you upgrade very soon, you'll be good to go, but if not, than you'll run into problems. Just my two cents. And btw, I'm 13, and know more than all of the "adults" at my lfs.

Back
Top Bottom