need help choosing a skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium

Aquarium Advice Regular
can any1 give any recommendations? im not sure wich types are good & wich are bad and which do what...please help THANKS

I see on your profile that you are considering a 55 gal SW tank. If that is still the plan, here are my recommendations for a skimmer. If you want an HOB skimmer, the Aqua C Remora is the only one I would even consider. Make sure you get it with the Maxi Jet 1200 pump. If you are going to have a sump and want an in sump skimmer, I would look at either Euroreef or ASM...one of the smaller models. Aqua C makes an in sump model of the Remora (Urchin), but I would prefer the Euroreef/ASM for in sump use. JMHO.

For a hangon definately the AquaC Remora or the Remora pro. The 55 is kind of pushing the limits of the standard remora but it will work. For an in sump i like the Euroreefs and the AquaC skimmers. There are cheaper versions but the build quality and materials of the Euroreefs and the AquaC are worth the extra money.

I'm using an Urchin w/MaxiJet 1200 in sump on a 55gal "going to be reef". Works well. Basicly only one adjustment to make (collection cup height), so almost set it and forget it. Pulls out a lot of gunk with my rather low bio load :)

Back
Top Bottom