Need new Fish Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuperWade2

Aquarium Advice Regular
Its been a while since I was on here and haven't spent much time on the AA Forum... My aquarium has been pretty much on autopilot, with normal water changes and Water quality tests and such. Aquarium has been up and going now going on 3 years (in Jan)

I currently have (2) O.Clownfish, (1) Flame Angel, (1) Purple Firefish, (1) Diamond Headed Goby...

I have a few different Mushroom Corals (most of which are Hairy Mushroom, which spread like weeds).

46 Gal Bow, with a ton of Rock and "very good' Water conditions all the time...

Any suggestions for another fish?

Thanks
SW2

I have a 46 gallon bow. I like your shelf rock. Where did you buy it and how much pounds do you have?? the flame angel seems like a good fish for a 46 gallon I read it may not be reef compatable and that it should be the last fish introduced into the tank. have you had any issues with it nipping at anything or aggression. I would like to add one to my reef tank I am creating. From what I understand it seems as if you are maxed out on fish most professionals recommend under stocking fish to be successful. Maybe you could add some more invertabrates like a fighting conch or a sally lightfoot crab.

fijiwigi said:
I have a 46 gallon bow. I like your shelf rock. Where did you buy it and how much pounds do you have?? the flame angel seems like a good fish for a 46 gallon I read it may not be reef compatable and that it should be the last fish introduced into the tank. have you had any issues with it nipping at anything or aggression. I would like to add one to my reef tank I am creating. From what I understand it seems as if you are maxed out on fish most professionals recommend under stocking fish to be successful. Maybe you could add some more invertabrates like a fighting conch or a sally lightfoot crab.

I got all my rock from the Dr F&S...Was about 80 lbs of the Fiji Premium if I remember right...It was early 2005 when I setup the tank originally... I need to get some new pics posted, like I said it's been a long time since I've been on here.

I've actually added two fish since the Flame without any problem (I also read it was supposed to be the last). It plays very well with my other fish and I've never "seen" it nip at ANYTHING other than the food it gets.

I had some Blue Green Chromis' in there as well, that didn't fare too well from my Tank Move last December.

I plan on a couple Emerald Crabs and maybe a Peppermint Shrimp or two.

SW2

lando said:
How about a royal gramma or sixline wrasse? Both great fish.

I'm thinking Sixline... the Gramma is similar in color to my Purple Firefish (Purple with Yellow tail), so I think the Sixline would be more of a contrast with what I have already.

I also want to try some other (medium light - 192w PC) coral, but will have to frag off some of the Hairy Mushroom that I have, although I've never fragged anything before. I probably have 6-8 bunchs now of the Hairy mushroom, all from a single bunch that has thrived very well.

SW2

the Gramma is similar in color to my Purple Firefish (Purple with Yellow tail)
I have both in my tank and, trust me, they are very different. The gramma has a nice fading of purple to yellow and my purple firefish is almost cream in color with purple and yellow accents. Besides, both have very different personalities.

fijiwigi said:

Here is a more recent photo... I'm not great with the Camera work yet on the Tank and have a hard time getting "good" fish action shots"... Too much glare this afternoon too...

I think you have to "click" for it to look right...

Attachments

• img_2808_149.jpg
    img_2808_149.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom