New nemos won't swim around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just bought a pair of nemos from my LFS I acclimated them right and drip acclimated too. They won't swim around the tank. They just stay near the water surface I even bought a pacific mat anemone for them any help???

Give them time to adjust to your tank. My pair hung around the top corner for months, only a year later do they swim the full length of my tank. I have not heard of that anemone but you can't guarantee they will host it (if that's what you were hoping for) I have two nems into tank and they host a hammer coral...

That's so cool I want corals but the lighting is so much money (I don't have a job) I'm hoping that they'll host it. I don't see why they wouldn't I had a damsel host a pink tip anemone I was surprised with it

Anemones demand much more lighting than most corals so if your don't have the right lighting for corals I fear your anemone won't survive :( clowns are strange tho, they can host anything, it's just luck I guess...

That's weird hmm thanks for the information here's a picture of my anemone ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389410300.458656.jpg

Hmm, it looks like a rock flower anemone - I don't know much about those but I don't think they are a hosting nem. They may be less light demanding - do a google of rock flowers and see if it looks like yours. What kind of lighting do you have? You may be able to keep some corals, soft ones and perhaps lps?

I actually just have t8 lighting in my tank I just watched one of the clowns brush inside of the nem/ rock flower I think they're debating on it

Back
Top Bottom