New to AA i need some help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hahaha. Oh ok! Duh! Hahaha. Yea I'll do that. Should I just put here on make a new thread?

Snowflake eels don't usually go after fish but will probably eat your shrimp/crabs. Mine has only eaten 1 of my coral banded shrimps and that's when it got into a fight with the other one. I have some peppermint shrimp too and they've survived. The only crabs I have are 1 emerald and several hermits and so far theyve all been well. I've also had the eel for about 6-7 months now. He is actually really calm and a small chromis sleeps at the mouth of its cave and it hasn't been eaten yet.

Were all those fish in the tank when you bought it? The list of fish seem pretty aggressive. I won't say aggressive but more like semi aggressive, the damsels as they get older will probably get even more aggressive. IMO I would have kept the sixline and the clowns and found a lfs to give the damsels to. A foxface would be fine but only after your tank has been up awhile longer since they are a larger bio load. The raccoon butterfly fish is one of my favorite fish but I don't have a tank large enough for one.

Remember only bad things happen in saltwater, take your time and enjoy each step.

Yea they all came with the tank. Thanks for the advice! The damsels are kinda aggressive but only against each other. I havent seen them pick on the 6 line or the clowns. Also for what I've seen the bicolor dotty backs are pretty territorial.

Well I used to only hand feed it when I first got it, but now I just cut up some squid and toss it into the tank and all my fish go crazy for it.

And I agree about the damsels. I had a small sergeant major that was really peaceful when it was small, but then quickly became a nightmare. It bullied my yellow tang, Picasso trigger, kole tang, and maroon clown. I would only ever see it around. My kole tang and maroon clown died of stress, so I finally broke down the entire tank to get it and killed it hahahhahahahahahahahah.

Do you recommend any sand sifters, shrimp, crabs or gobys?

I wouldnt get a sand sifter

Crabs i would get hermits and porcelin crabs

Shrimp i would get 2 peppermint, 2 cleaner, and 1 fire shrimp

Goby i would get a yellow watchman or a orange striped prawn goby.

Ok cool! That's what I was thinking on getting.

The a fox face, raccoon butterfly, triggerfish, black and white clowns, and maybe a yellow tang.

Back
Top Bottom