Placing a bubbletip anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rupp3322

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought this super cool bubbletip nem today and im not sure where it should be placed. On the sand bed next to a liverock? Or on a liverock with a hole? I have a 125 gallon FOWLR. I have a nem on one end of the tank. I know they should be apart. Tips? :fish2:

I'm not an expert but... I'd say place it on the rocks somewhere it will do the rest. Of its happy it will stay, unhappy? Not enough light? It will move. Then again it may move a few times.

Let and go and do its thing.

I guess your tank is no longer a FOWLR. It's more than just fish. :D
+1 to Convict's suggestion. It won't matter where you place anemones. They will move themselves into the right situation in your tank. Bubbles are tough. I've had them stay at the bottom of tanks in the light and I've had them hang in the corners, up near the top of the tank, in the dimly lit areas and stay there for weeks before "hitting the road". again Ther's no telling what they will do. Just make sure that you place your new one away from your old one so it has time to adjust without getting stung from the other anemone.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom