question from a beginner(tank)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks really nice, but you can get more bang out of your bucks if you build your tank from scratch.

It's a nice setup for a beginner but I agree you have more room for expanding if you build your own setup (tank, filter, light). Depending on the size of the tank you choose, building your own setup may cost more than $200 though. Remember smaller tanks need more water checks than larger tanks.

Petco's dollar per gallon sale is coming up. Start researching on the items you could have and want in your tank. This is the fun part of this hobby. I stay up late at night reading about equipment, livestock, and water quality. Watch craigslist everyday..

Enjoy the hobby!

i have been looking at petco on here and everywere all night for a few months now haha i know for a fact i want a clown but not sure yet on what else to add in yet so many choices ha and then what rock and filter and hood and so on

well i will be going with a 24g nano cube with stand and some live rock for 165

24g is a good starter kit. I believe the cubes come complete with lights,filter, and heaters. Not a bad price either.

Do a search here for 24g biocube and see what others have done with them and it may give you ideas. It will be fine to hold clown fish and other small fish.

Ya i want at least one clown possibly 2 and still looking at ideas for stock
Any ideas on bright vibrant fish

I started my first saltwater with a Nanocube, and I really think I came out on the cheaper end of things.

Easton33 said:
I started my first saltwater with a Nanocube, and I really think I came out on the cheaper end of things.

What is your stock? What size tank?

Visit liveaquaria.com and they will show you what fish will fit in your tank. Also if you want corals they will tell you which ones work in high light or low light.

I wish to say some things about petco with some very colorful words because I got a fish there and the next day it had ich and now my entire tank is infected and this even happens with my fresh and liveaquira is probably the best online place to get even though their a little expensive

If your on a budget don't start saltwater I have over 5k in my 220g. It is very expensive to build and maintain. Just my advice.

thank you and i know i will put money into it and im prepared for it

so monday i pick up my tank woohoo :)
still researching on sand and rock but would like to go half base rock and half lr for cost
as far as the stock goes well i have ideas but nothing solid yet:
sebae clown fish (helped a friend bread his so id get one from him as a baby :) 1st fish )
banded coral shrimp
emerald crab
blue porcelain crab
clown gobby green
firefish
six line wrasse

any thoughts to what will go and what will not :/
only certain one is the clown

Back
Top Bottom