Questions about shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slitherbomb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is there a little to how many shrimp you should have in a tank? I've caught about 6 1 inch long shrimp so far and put them in my tank but I'm not sure if that's too much. It's a 14g biocube. Also, can anyone identify me this shrimp? Thanks.

Attachments

• image-1960747339.jpg
    image-1960747339.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 123
I was told I could put 12-20 RCS in a two gallon tank, and there max growth is an inch, so presume so lol, depending on what type of shrimp that they are. If there max growth is an inch then put some more in there.

Is there a little to how many shrimp you should have in a tank? I've caught about 6 1 inch long shrimp so far and put them in my tank but I'm not sure if that's too much. It's a 14g biocube. Also, can anyone identify me this shrimp? Thanks.

Where did you catch them? Why add something to your tank without at least an idea of what it is? I apologize, but this is a face-palmer for me.

Floating on the seaweed. The only reason that I put the shrimp in is because I know these are harmless, just wasn't exactly sure on the type of shrimp.

They may be "harmless" to your tank, but how do you know? Without knowing what they are (regardless if they are "harmless" or not), you can't possibly know how to properly care for them.

Back
Top Bottom