Red Sea Max 34 gallon Nano tank for Beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jw

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What do people think about this tank for a beginner? My LFS is trying to talk me into this over a 46 or a 72 gallon based on price.

And also based upon their profit margin!

I think you were on the right track with the 72g. But I'm sure you're getting tired of me telling you that! :lol:

jw said:
What do people think about this tank for a beginner? My LFS is trying to talk me into this over a 46 or a 72 gallon based on price.

Well the decision is based on your financial. The bigger will always be the better but that depends on how much $ you got. If price is no issue go all out. But you will need alot more stuff, sump and so on.

But you can always start with a 34, and you should be fine with plenty of LR and a skimmer and upgrade it later on.

Also with a 72 you can have more fish, and more a variety.

Leo

My LFS tried the same thing with me. The system is very nice and definitely gives you less to worry about.

I personally bought a 50g and took pride and picking out all of the equipment on my own. I really felt like it was my tank that I was building and not something that was being handed to me.

Really its up to you either way, I actually built my 50g with protein skimmer, mech filter, lighting, tank, power heads, and everything else needed for less then what the LFS was asking for the system (I did a lot of shopping around).

The system is very nice, but a larger tank gives you a lot more options and to me was a lot more fun to build.

The system is nice but with an all inclusive package I feel like you get cheated and do not fully understand all of the aspects to your tank. My LFS has a few and have sold several but I still lean towards setting it up yourself so that if problems arise you are better about to correctly diagnose the issue and hopefully not lose any livestock. HTH

Back
Top Bottom