Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stick with shrimp at first as it's easier to digest. You may need to feed live ghost shrimp or even cut earthworms. To forcefeed you'd need to hold shark upright, measure a soft catheter to it stomach, and expel a liquid protein (carnivore diet). Hopefully this won't be necessary.

Ya I tried everything nothing would work I tried putting him in his own tank so he could eat when he wants to and nothing he just didn't want to eat

Wow those are big and that sucks and I home that does not happen I'll pray a lot

But what's the best thing to start with like what do I need and the cheapest would be best I don't want to bye a lot of things and not use them

Shrimp never worked for me squid and silversides worked for me because they were smelly but u may have to try all of them they r stubborn it is hard to get them to eat but if it does eat if u buy all of them u wont have to buy food for awhile

Sliversides r cheap but my sharks love it as soon as it hits the tank they go crazy for it

If you use smelt or silversides make sure you perform a water change as they are quite oily.

And I just ment start out with sliversides because they have a lot of smell but I would use squid not to pricey and it's really good for them really meaty

Squid is primarily water based other than the head region (brain and tentacles) and best used as a vessel for gut-loading vitamins. For a newborn you'll prob be feeding portions more frequently (at least 3 times weekly) and can be judged by the size of the outer gut region. Once they approach juvenile stage they can be slowed to maintain proper weight control (you don't want an overweight shark). Sharks really aren't that messy while feeding unless feeding messy/oily/fatty foods since they tend to gulp their meals. What comes out on the other end is another story. I'd perform water changes for a newborn at least every other week due to their sensitivities.

Back
Top Bottom