Too much waterflow for green spotted puffer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hunterr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a green spotted puffer in a 55 gallon FOWLR with a pair of occi clowns and a 4-striped damsel. I just got new powerheads today, maxi jet 1200 and maxi jet 600. I have the 1200 toned down to 295 gph and the 600 is at 750 gph. all of my fish are fine, except my puffer. The clowns and the damsel ride on the current and swim around playfully, but the puffer just hides in a cave where there isn't much flow. is 1045 GPH too much for the puffer? Ive had him for a year, and he is always out swimming around the rocks, inspecting my hermits or eating snails.

I should also add that he went from maybe 500 gph total with all of the filters running.

Give him some time and he should get used to the flow. Mine was kinda afraid of the flow at first but now he loves to play in it. I have two korelia 1050s and two 425s in my 55

Sent from the Death Star

He is actually out of his cave this morning, still hunkered down to one corner under one of the powerheads. Ill give him a couple more days settle in. Thank you!!(y)

Raise the flow to max for both powerheads if you want. Should not be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom