Twin Spot Goby Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesd28

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was told that the twin spot was pretty hardy/easy to care for by the lfs, but am finding that that is not entirely true. He has been sifting through the sand and eating from the sand pretty much non stop. Because my tank is still so new though (only a couple months old) my sand bed likely does not have an adequate food supply for him. When I have tried to spot feed him frozen foods/drop in pellets...nothing makes it to him. He gets spooked by my feeder, and the cleaner shrimp also comes running in to grab food.

Any advice?? I really like him and hope I can keep him, but I do not want him to starve or something.

Thanks for any advice you guys have

Id like to see this pm too please as in looking to buy one

@Ampedz - The PM suggests feeding the other fish/shrimp first and then attempting to feed the goby with a turkey baster or other spot feeding tool.

I attempted to feed him with my spot feeder last night and encountered 2 problems:

1) The cleaner shrimp came over and tried to eat most of the food. Since he is bigger than my goby, the goby usually gets scared when the shrimp starts going nuts around him lol.

2) The spot feeder itself spooked my goby. Idk if this is going to be a regular thing, or if it is just because the goby is new to the tank.

He has been taking gulps of my sand pretty much non stop since adding him, but I doubt that my sand bed has enough food for him to live off of.

If anyone has advice on how to successfully feed these guys it would be much appreciated ! :)

Back
Top Bottom