why do my nems keep running away??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigford84

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 55 gal with 25 gal sump/fuge. i have 2 nems,1 rose bubble and a carpet about golf ball size. they were in a 30 gal with 2 2 bulb t6, 2 act and 2 10000k. now they are in the 55 gal with with a 4 54 watt t5 current usa fixture .bulbs are 2 act and 2 10 ro 12 thousand k bulbs... is this too muck light for them? they keep going to darker spots,like the carpet is under a bridge of rock,and the bubble keeps trying to gut under things too.. i started them at the top of the rock scape to keep them close to the light,about 1 foot away,cause from what iv read they depend on good lighting..
so why are they running away?

should i try putting them on rocks at the bottom of the tank

they are trying to adjust to the new light, its to much considering what they were under, so now they are trying to hide from the light, they will move out slowly overtime once they adjust to the new lights.

i have a 55 gal with 25 gal sump/fuge. i have 2 nems,1 rose bubble and a carpet about golf ball size. they were in a 30 gal with 2 2 bulb t6, 2 act and 2 10000k. now they are in the 55 gal with with a 4 54 watt t5 current usa fixture .bulbs are 2 act and 2 10 ro 12 thousand k bulbs... is this too muck light for them? they keep going to darker spots,like the carpet is under a bridge of rock,and the bubble keeps trying to gut under things too.. i started them at the top of the rock scape to keep them close to the light,about 1 foot away,cause from what iv read they depend on good lighting..
so why are they running away?

should i try putting them on rocks at the bottom of the tank

Its perfectly normal for nems to hid like that. They will hid their foot and just strech out for the light, you'll be surprise at how long they can stretch.

it's a good practice to use the screen method (use a few window screens, and place them between the light and the tank, removing one every few day /week until they are gone to acclimate the corals.

Back
Top Bottom