1st Tropical Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackie443

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have set up my first tropical tank. It is 180l I have a biopro pump head with attached filters. Air stone, a few plants. I have read up wuite alot on fishless cycles and have opted to go for this as I couldn't harm the fish. The thing is I have added ammonia to start the cycle and I think I have added too much the reading is 8 and has been since sunday, it is not coming down at all. I have changed about 50% of the water and it's still over 8. Can anyone offer advice?:wave:

Nothing wronig with a good hard cycle. I also had a reading over 8 when I started my sw tank. Just let it cycle. It will take a little longer. but it will be worth it when you start adding fish.
The advice I received here long, long ago was to get a rubbie duckie if I needed to see something in the tank while the cycle was going <lol>.
welcometoaa.gif

Yes, I'm just so impatient.... I'll wait. Also my on is desperate for neon tetras, can you advise on any suitable tank mates for tetras?

Welcome to AA. 8 ppm ammonia? i would keep water changing until you are back down to 4ish. i believe the test kits here 8 is the max. so yours was above that and might still be above that.

Back
Top Bottom