better late than never :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbonem91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I never did introduce myself and I figure I might as well now - better late than never, right? :lol:

I'm a 22 year old college student and stumbled upon this site when I had puffer fever bad. I learned quite a bit and by the time my tank had finished cycling, I abandoned the puffer idea in favor for some africans.

When I was young my parents had a small 10 gallon tank and we would buy new fish all the time because they never seemed to last more than a month or so. Eventually they gave up and emptied the tank.

My roomate now had a 20 gallon tank a year or so ago and a pair of Dempsy's in it. Along with another tank with a beautiful goldfish named Lucy and a huge Common Pleco named Ptolemy. He never changed his water, barely checked his filter and had around 1/2 inch of gravel on top of a old, never cleaned UGF. Needless to say, problems developed and we ended up scrubbing the Dempsy tank and going looking for new inhabitants.

Thats when I saw the Figure 8 Puffers and decided to get a tank for myself. I picked up the bow, set it up for brackish and began cycling with molly's per the lfs' recommendation. Then I found this site and began reading my butt off.

I originally had a few beautiful small africans in my tank and then aquired the crossbreed. Shortly after he attained his mass, my residents started dying. :( So here I am now, with a bass-sized meanie, one smaller african and some plecos left in the big tank.

I originally got the 5 gallon tank to breed snails for my puffers... well that idea went south so now it is holding some residents that need a bigger tank pronto.

Ending this novel, I will tell you my future plans so as not to be pelted with veggies for the mishandling of my fishies - hehe

I will be getting a 90 Gal tank for the cichlids and plan on adding a couple Nimbochromis venustus' per Menagerie's suggestion.

The bow will be converted to a fully planted tank with C02, 20 Gal sump and upgraded lighting. I will then move my fish from my 5 gal bow into that one, increasing the small school of black neons in the process.

I plan on keeping the 5 gal bow for a QT tank.

Well now that my fingers are sore from typing, I think I will go back to reading everything everybody else has to say here. :)

Oh yeah, my parents are planning on putting in a plnd/stream/waterfall dealibob in their backyard and I might be the one actually doing it so I guess I can add that to my list of future aquisitions...

-T

Wow!! Better late than never is right!!
[center:b180721eac] :smilecolros: Welcome NOT-SO-:n00b:!!![/center:b180721eac]

That's some intro! Feels weird welcoming someone who joined before me but I'll do it anyway!

:smilecolros:
Welcome to AA!
:smilecolros:

lmkbubblfsh.gif

Back
Top Bottom