Finally going to introduce myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cartydl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm a mum to 3 kids, 15 birds and a saltwater fishtank! I own the kids and the birds, but the tank is hubbys ... I just seem to be the one looking after it :rolleyes: I'm from Brisbane, Australia.

I don't know much about the equipment we have, as hubby was the one who set it all up. I've been lurking around here, trying to learn things though :) .

Cheers!!

Welcome to AA! Pictures are always good, and pics of your bird as well. I have a 28 year old CAG, 5 cats and 15 fish tanks, so I can relate to a houseful.

Thanks for the welcomes :)

We have a 4ft tank (not sure on gallons, as we use litres here in Oz), I think hubby said it was 200Lt tank. We have a few kilos of live rock in there, canister filter, and 2 hawkfish, 2 domino damsels, 2 clowns and a yellow tail blue damsel. We need to get rid of the hawkfish, they are way to aggressive!! There is also 2 corals (I think).

We got the tank about 2 months ago, it was already established, and had been running for a few years.

Water parameters are:
0 Ammonia
0 Nitrites
>20 Nitrates
8.4 Ph

Not sure on anything else, as these are the only tests that we currently have. Do we need any others? I know we should get a hydrometer (think that's what they are called lol).

We also have a chiller, that we haven't set up yet. It's a 650. We got bigger than we need, as we have a bigger tank downstairs, that will eventually be our SW tank. Just need to get a cabinet for it.

Hmmmm, can't think of anything else I should tell you.

Oh, I am currently having troubles with my light. It keeps setting off my power. I think there is too much splash back from the tank, and tripping out my power :mad: Not sure how to fix this problem. Some days it works, and others I have no hope!!

Will get pics up for you. I also have some pics that need IDing. I'm paranoid about aptaisia after lurking here for so long ... I think everything is Aptasia :rolleyes: lol

Cheers!

img_923837_0_82c0d2421745e70538c61b77146e5acf.jpg

The tank....

Welcome to the site.

the shorting of the electrical outlet is kindof concerning do you know if have a GFI receptacle it has buttons on it to reset the plug.

Back
Top Bottom