Greetings from Brooklyn, NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mia751

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi to all,
I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone knows what to do for a cloudy fish tank? I had someone take care of my 30 gallon tropical tank while I was away and they didn't follow my directions and overfed the fish. I have done water changes (Partial) and a complete change and the water starts off clear and then within 3 days gets cloudy and greenish. I've had a community tank for over 20 years and never had this problem. Any ideas?
Mia 751:(

Hi welcome to AA. Just checking that it goes cloudy and greenish (algal bloom problem) and not cloudy and white (bacterial bloom problem)?

cloudy water

:)It was greenish. But I tried some National Geographic water clarifying tablets and they seemed to have worked. So far, so good the pH is 7 and there is 0 ammonia and the Lyre tail molly's babies are doing well.
Thanks for the reply.

Good news. You could try reducing light as well but unfortunately water changes and waiting it out mainly. I've put a uv unit on my tank but perhaps hard to justify the expense on hopefully a one-off.

Back
Top Bottom