Greetings from the Fingerlakes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chubbymomo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

I am a soon-to-be college graduate and have kept fish through college. My current apartment had 6 tanks running at one time! I've bred longfinned white clouds, RCS, black bar endlers, platties, corydoras, bolivian rams and kribs. I've kept a variety of other fish. My area lacks a nice LFS, and so I order all plants and fish from forum members.

I find forums immensely useful and recommend any aquarist join one. I am cautious of how I stock my tanks (even more cautious of how I acclimate new arrivals!) as my water has a ph of 8.4. Hardness is 150ppm (kh of around 8). Sometimes I do not have luck with more sensitive species. For example, I have never had luck with wild caught soft-water fish, GBRs, or cardinal/neon tetras. But much of my successes are from experiences I read and shared on fish-keeping forums. I just can't appreciate enough how valuable forums have been to me!

I am in the process of downsizing and restocking/scaping my tanks as I move in to a tiny new apartment with my sidekick Chubby Momo the bunny. I'm itching to start ordering plants and fish, and I hope all of you can shed your wisdom on me as I brainstorm and journal about this new chapter in this hobby. Thank you!

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! :welcome: I love the fish that you have bred, they are all awesome species! Congrats on the accomplishment, by the way!

Back
Top Bottom