Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicksta

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone,

My name is Nikki and I am new to owning a fish tank. I joined this site so I can get some advice that will help me along the way!

I have a 50L tank with 14 fish. I have 6 Guppies, 2 Resporers, 2 Bristlenosed Catfish, 2 colour Widows and 2 Blue Rams.

Everything seems to be going well, I had a problem a few weeks ago. I had high levels of ammonia, because I added too many fish too fast. I cleared it up within a week though and my levels are fine.

I do have a question for you out there though, My female guppies seem to be pooing A LOT and their poo seems to be very long and they son't seem to let go of it for a while. Is this normal? I noticed that the Guppies tend to eat the Catfish food a lot, would this have something to do with the length of the poo?

Thanks guys, I look forward to chatting to you.

Nikki

nicksta said:
Hi Everyone,

My name is Nikki and I am new to owning a fish tank. I joined this site so I can get some advice that will help me along the way!

I have a 50L tank with 14 fish. I have 6 Guppies, 2 Resporers, 2 Bristlenosed Catfish, 2 colour Widows and 2 Blue Rams.

Everything seems to be going well, I had a problem a few weeks ago. I had high levels of ammonia, because I added too many fish too fast. I cleared it up within a week though and my levels are fine.

I do have a question for you out there though, My female guppies seem to be pooing A LOT and their poo seems to be very long and they son't seem to let go of it for a while. Is this normal? I noticed that the Guppies tend to eat the Catfish food a lot, would this have something to do with the length of the poo?

Nikki

Hi nikki welcome to AA! Unfortunatly i have some bad news, your tank is about 13 gallons and many of your fish are too big for the tank. First of all, bristlenose plecos reach about 6" and need at least a 25 gallon tank. Second, you have 2 german blue rams that need at least a 20 gallon tank... Your rasaboras and colored widows will live better lives if they are in schools of at least 6 of their own kind..problem is you dont have the space to keep those schools :(

Hi Everyone,

:welcome: to AA! :)
By resporers, do you mean rasboras? WHat kind?
Unfortunately your tank is not big enough to support all those fish. I would get rid of the blue rams, the bristlenosed catfish, the two colorful widows, and fill out your rasbora school. Then you will be fine with six guppies and a school of rasboras. Can you post a pic of what these "resporers" look like?
Can you give us your exact levels? What is your nitrite and nitrate concentration?
Is it white or brown and stringy? Are their bellies bulging in any way? It could be bloat or the food you are feeding them. You could try feeding them frozen peas.

Nikki

My comments above are in the bold underlined red. Hope you get the chance to read them. Good luck, and again, welcome to the site! :)

Back
Top Bottom