Hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pixy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone
My name is Joyce from Massachusetts. I just started up a 29 gal freshwater tank. I am in the cycling stage and have read on numerous websites about a product called bio-spira for fast recycling. Has anyone used this product and with what results did you have.

Welcome to AA!

Bio-Spira can be a great thing, but the difficult part is getting a good batch. Bio-Spira requires it to be kept refridgerated constantly. That means that if the warehouse, shipping company, or local retail store left it out too long during it's delivery, it will have gone bad. It's also recommended that if you do buy some, take a cooler to bring it home in to help keep it cold. Sounds like overkill, doesn't it? But, it really is that sensitive. However, if you can get a good batch, it can cycle your tank very very quickly.

Thank you for your information on bio-spira. We have no local stores that carry it. I don't think I will take a chance on ordering it. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom