Hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redblazer37

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I would like to just say hello to everyone. No, I do not yet have an aquarium but i will very soon, pretty set right now on a 90 gallon tank. I currently have a 200 gallon garden pond with 5 golds and 1 koi. I need to take a few fish out of the pond but don't want to get rid of them which leads me to this new adventure. i am new to all of this as I have only had my pond for 1 winter which all my fish did survive but they are bigger now so I want to start from now setting up a new home for my 3 smaller gold fish after their winter hybernation and just leave my 3 bigger fish in the pond to live there. I dont know anything other than the fact that I need good filtration,aeration, uv light, test my water and do partial changes and not to overfeed my fish. I have many questions but to start I am looking for a solid filtration unit that will keep water balanced as much a s possible and clear. Also I need to know about live rocks and if sand is needed and what is a definate need in my tank from what is optional since i will only be housing goldfish. All advice is welcomed and appreciated and thanks in advice.....

Welcome. Filters, go with a big canister and a exlarge sponge with air. You might want to get an HOB to use once every week or two to polish and remove waste from the water. As for substrate, I have my gold fish set up in barebottom tanks. Makes cleaning much easier. My goldfish are refuges from priming up the new fishroom. Next year they go outside and stay there. You never said what kind of goldfish you have and that could impact your plan in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom