hello everyone, here for advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqualigion

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All!

Im new to proper fish tank keeping although way back in my young days had a big turtle tank that sometimes had fish over the years..

I am in the midst of a long getting ready process (termites needed killing, covid, building a stand, soaking wood, etc) of setting up a new rimless Landen 32.

Im getting anxious to finally put stuff in, but have one last glitch I need professional advice for..

My floor/place is OLD and not level, off by almost a 1/4 inch...mainly dropping on the right side.. I built a sturdy stand, and sadly had to shim one side (I used a long slat of oak "plywood" which is really mdf..) it is roughly in-between 1/4" and 1/8" thick.

Now the stand sits about 1/16" off max, tilting that much towards the right and forward..

Needles to say its annoying and Im considering crawling under the house to try and remedy with jacks etc which would be a huge project. And dicey. Would probably be good for stability long term I guess.

My question: Does anyone know if a rimless tank can safely stand this kind of discrepancy???? Would it be a major or minor stress, or nothing? Its a cube, so about 17x17x23.5" Will be on a leveling mat fwiw.

THANK YOU

Back
Top Bottom