hello from australia!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not that acccent that will throw you.....

"So yesterday arvo, me and knackers, we were down at the local knocking back a few tinnies watchin johnno barrack for the maggies when the missus calls. The billy-lids were done with the cricket so Johnno finished his smoko and we took the ute down to get 'em. On the way, we stopped at the servo and saw two drongos acting like a tosser hassling some hot shiela. It was then open slather! The old cheese would have me guts for garters if he knew I'd poleaxed the dude like that. On the way home, Smithy called. He's a grouse mate, but he was so off his guts, he wouldn't have been able to find a grand piano in a one-roomed house. He needed a ride, so we went get him and take him back to his place. We hit mackers on the way home for the young'uns. Cos Smithys' is out whoop whoop, I dropped in home, wrote a para for the missus and hit the dunny before grabbing a traveller. "

Anyone wanna have a go at translating? :)

Last edited:
I get it too! There may be a few nouns in there that I'm not sure of, but I follow it :)

I've heard worse here in the states! The Cajuns in Louisianna have a dialect that is impossible for me to follow.

haha, I get it.. Might be the aussie In me :p ahahaha. Ok so Ive got some water in there but there is no salt because I wanted it to clear up before I went mixxing more stuff in it, Im going to do a 30% water change and add some salt in there, Yeah my sinthetic(spelling) salt isnt all that great and doesnt say anything about how much I put in on it. So Ill just keep checking it regularly..

the crushed coral made the water go white when I put it in, It cleared up over night

Welcome to the site!
You may want to reconsider the CC, as it can trap waste and cause nitrAtes, as well as limiting many types of substrate turners. I had CC and liked it for about 2 months, then it was time to go.

I too would consider getting rid of the CC and putting sand in for your substrate. I have about 90 pounds of CC that I removed, sitting in a trash can for the last 5 years.

Do you have any powerheads in the tank? They will stir up the silt from the CC when running. If you are going to keep the cc I would get a powerhead to stir it up and then siphon the tank to remove the majority of CC dust. then refill it. It would also be best to mix the sw with water in buckets and then add it to tank after it is mixed. It's a lot more work that way but it mixes up easier. And....

welcometoaa.gif

Welcome to AA. I could not agree with cmor more heartily. Can't recommend CC, seems to attract to much "garbage". Second, I use a large rubbermaid tub with a small filter and powerhead to mix up the salt before I need it. Goo dluck.

Back
Top Bottom