Hello from Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gsongy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,

I am just starting out in this interesting hobby of tropical fish. As a child, I had a 10 gallon tank that had some barbs, guppies, and a shark ( I had to have a shark!). After a while I decided to put a perch that I caught out of a pond that quickly ate the barbs, guppies, and the shark. :( What do you expect, I was ten years old.:-? After a crawfishing trip, I put a couple of crawfish in the tank with the perch.:cool: Well, what comes around goes around, the crawfish ate the perch. That is when my Dad said, "son, the fish tank has to go!" :mad:

Some 32 yeas later, I am getting back into the hobby. I believe I have grown up from my childhood years and look forward to raising some fish. I am glad that I found this community because I was getting frustrated with all the information that is out there. All I ask is to bared with all the newbie questions I will be asking. Thanks!

Welcome to the site!! We all had the same questions you will have, so ask away....the only price....lots of pics!

Welcome to AA! Everyone here is quite friendly and I am sure you will have no problems finding answers to your questions.

It has been 32 years since you last fish tank well that beats my record. For me it has been 28 years since my last fish tank. And you are right there is a lot that has changed. I am a newbie myself to this forum but I can tell you the people are great and know their stuff. And I'm not a complete idiot (though my ex-wife would disagree) with keeping fresh water community fish. So feel free to drop me a line anytime.
Welcome to AA (Aquarium Advice) not Alcoholics Anonymous - though due to the addictive nature of fish keeping it may as well be a form of a self help group :D

Welcome to AA (Aquarium Advice) not Alcoholics Anonymous - though due to the addictive nature of fish keeping it may as well be a form of a self help group
icon_biggrin.gif
Of course the difference being this group would be helping you to get more of the addiction not less. lol

Welcome gsongy. A lot of the newbie questions i have had were generally already answered in the stickies at the top of the forums. Be sure to read them so you don't have to wait for an answer although response time on this forum is incredibly quick usually. And if there is something you don't understand just ask of course. there is also the articles section available on the top navigation bar which holds a lot of good info too.

What kind of tank will you be starting?

Thanks to all, I am finding lots of good information already. Looking forward to sharing stories with ya'll soon!

Gerald

Back
Top Bottom