Hello from Phoenix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixloach

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. I am new to the website but not new to the hobby. I am primarily into freshwater fish and am typing to you with a new (used) 125 gallon aquarium finally up and running in my living room. This is the biggest tank I have ever owned and after much nervousness I finally decided to fill it up, setup the filtration, and power it up.

The details:
125 gallon standard dimension glass aquarium black trim(used)
Black stand (new)
3 piece Aquaon glass top(new)
150 lbs pool filter Quickrete silica sand from Home Depot. Rinsed thoroughly and turned out beautiful. This is my first ever tank that I am using sand for the substrate. :)
2 Emperor 400 hang on back power filters(1 new 1 used)
1 Fluval 405 canister filter (New)
2 large pieces of driftwood soaked and bled till it was clean then installed in tank
Numerous fake plants for the time being. I want to get some live plants but have never used them before and quite nervous.
2 36" inch Current freshwater led strip bars with programmable remote. All I can say about these is WOW! What a difference! You can set it up for many different light shows, simulated thunderstorms, sunlight, moonglow etc.

I inspect the tank for leaks 3 times a day, I bought a level and shimmed the stand to level everything and so far so good. I am still debating in my mind how I want to cycle it but still undecided. Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Thanks! :)

Attachments

• up and running.jpg
    up and running.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom