Hello from South Philly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warped1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello to all. I am not too good with computers (or forums for that matter - this is my first) so I hope I'm doing this right. Anyway, I live is South Philly, Pa. and want to get back into keeping tropical fish. It has been over 25 years since I've had one and a lot of things have changed with equipment. I am now the proud owner of a 36gal corner tank (Geneva series from Aqueon) it is sitting in my apartment still wrapped in the boxes it came in. I want to set this thing up right and the dude from the pet store told me to check this site out. And that is why I am here. I really enjoy the beauty of the fish and the tranquility a tank brings to a room and I don't want to hurt any fish in my ignorance of new technology.I have a Marineland C-360 canister (got it on sale cheaper then the C-220) but I am worried, since this thing processes 360 gal an hour it is too much for my tank and may produce too strong currents. I can return it for a C-220. Please, if anybody can help me with this I would be thankful. A little about me personally, I am a divorced father of one (a 16 year old boy with a purple mohawk, whom I love more than I can describe) and he has expressed great curiosity and joy at the opportunity to set up this tank with his dad on the weekends (the only time I get to see him - bummer). I work at the PRPM (it is a very large place that processes all imported fruits, veg, etc.) and am going back to college. Well thats about all from me. I look forward to meeting you all and hope to be of service to you.

Hey guy, I am right across the bridge in Deptford. Wife's family is from S. Philly (Broad/Oregon area) so I spend alot of time down there. I know alot of the guys that work over at the PRPM hang at the Philadeium, you can even find me in there for lunch couple times a week (on my days off).

Welcome neighbor

Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome. I am still not to cool with how a forum works so I hope I'm doing this right. I look forward to chatting with you.

To tawolcott: I'm originally from 17th and Ritner, not too far from where your wife was. To answer your question about the pet store, I'm referring to Monster Pets on Delaware Ave and Snyder. And as for the Philadium Bar - Been There - Drank There - Was Thrown Out of There. ---- Hey, you know how us dockworkers can get.

If you need a hand with anything around the forum, feel free to pm me with any questions. When you click on someone's name you will be given a list of options, pm'ing is one of them. In case you didn't know.

Back
Top Bottom