Hello from the Pearl of the Orient

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neil Ng

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am Neil Ng from Hong Kong, I am currently 14 and I am not a aquarium expert. I hope I can learn a lot from you guys.

Welcome! What kind of aquarium do you run?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, my aquarium is a freshwater 10 gallon aquarium from AA aquatics in HK. It claims to be 10 gallon, but it is actually 12 or 13 gallons to be exact. It has biological, mechanical and chemical filtration.

Thats cool. What kind of fish do you plan to keep/already have? What kind of fish are popular to keep in Hong Kong?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, there isn't much living space in HK so there isn't a lot of people who have tanks bigger than 40 gallons. In HK, we usually like small size community fish like platies, swordytails and smaller tetras. Some people like carps or cichlids too. Old people tend to keep goldfish and Ranchu goldfish. However, if you keep discus or arrowannas that means you are a rich person because these fish are very expensive.
David, you can search " Goldfish street HK" and see how big the hobby is in Hong Kong. You may be saying you shouldn't be selling fish like this, but I can tell you everything I buy there is in good quality and 3 times cheaper in other aquarium shops.

Back
Top Bottom