Hey guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

90galWavefront

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just found this app for my iPad yesterday, and have been exploring the forums ever since. What a great resource center. I love it
I have been fumbling my way through the hobby off and on for years ( all through trial and error).
It all started about 30 years ago ( before there was anything like the web or even bulletin boards), with a 15 gallon long tank from a friend. A very simple setup and basic fish, platies guppies Pleco etc... I guess I got lucky with that one because all the fish thrived until the tank got knocked over and broke into about 1,000,000 peaches and killed everything in it. My next tank was a 45 gallon long tank that I picked up new on sale for $100 at the LFS. I had it planted and stocked as a community tank with 2 erodescent sharks, several guppies, platies, ghost shrimp, snail etc... I even had crayfish from the local creak in it. That was a mistake, because they had babies and man do they ever have a lot in a litter. But all in all the tank did very well ( still through trial and error, picking up bits and peaches here and there), until my son 3 at the time decided that the fish would like some ice cream as well ( it was a very hot day out).
About 2 years ago he bought me a 60 gallon long tank for Xmas and it did quite well until about a month ago when the balance sharks got ik from some neon tetras purchased from the LFS and died. I treated the tank and all was good.
Checking out Kijiji a couple of weeks ago I came across this setup for $250 and just couldn't turn it down ( the wave front is just to cool) I have never seen one before. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394980190.979977.jpg
I now have it set up where the 60 gallon was and just love it. I now have to wait for the bacteria to rebalance before I get to carried away, but I will be setting the 60 back up and cycle it out for restocking.
I'm hooked again and will be using the wealth of knowledge here to help me along the way.

Welcome to the forum :) nice set up!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom