Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishKitty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been visiting the site frequently to look for advice for my new tank, and finally decided to join.

I have had my tank for a little over a month now, and am trying to educate myself so I can make the best decisions for my pets. It has been an eye-opening experience thus far, I hadn't realized how much is actually involved in maintaining a tank. But, I thoroughly enjoy the process of setting up an aquarium and I am committed to doing it right! I look forward to learning from you all!

Thanks

Hello and welcome! We are happy you've found us. There's a ton of knowledgeable people here. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, hi and welcome...
You'll find out how nice it is to have a piece of nature in one tank at home... And if everything is in balance, the maintennace shouldn't be so bad...

Just ask if you're not sure about something. By the way, what type of fish are you wanting and how big is the tank?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416467253.813461.jpg
I have a big passion for male guppies. Some one pls advice me how I can increase my male guppies.thanks Biju

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The ratio male/female can be influenced. It's not a quarantee but it is most likely that it will work.
With most livebearers (so, not all..) if you start increasing the water temperature more during the whole pregnancy of a female (so, not at a later stage!), the chance that more male offspring will be born is higher. Water temperature between 26°C (78,8°F) and 28°C (82,4°F) during pregnancy.

Back
Top Bottom