Hi all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragutter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I all just joined as I have been gifted a Juwel trigon 190 litre corner tank.
I have had small tanks before but never one this big.
Not sure what's been kept in it an I think it's been empty for a while.
It's got foam type brick effect on the back 2 sides That are green.
Whats the best way the clean it before use.
Not decided whether to keep cold or warm water fish on it. ( what do the majority of members keep)
Is one easier than the other?

Sorry for all the questions.
Dave.

Welcome to AA! :)

I think most of the members keep warm water fish, but there are plenty of very nice cold water choices available too. What interests you?

I have always had goldfish type. This is the biggest tank I have had and was wondering whether to change to warm.
Is there much difference in looking after them apart from the cost?

image-453837016.jpg

How would I clean tho or would it just dissapear with use?

I have always had goldfish type. This is the biggest tank I have had and was wondering whether to change to warm.
Is there much difference in looking after them apart from the cost?

Not really much of a cost difference. Tropical may be slightly more expensive simply because many of the fish are much smaller and you can house more generally. Both require basically the same level of maintenance, a properly cycled tank, and the like.

How would I clean tho or would it just dissapear with use?

I would clean that with white vinegar. Bleach solution (10:1) works as well. With either, rinse well.

Thanks. That s tomorrow nights job sorted.
Will repost when I have decided what I am going to keep. How much more equipment do I need to keep warm water fish. It's got a filter built in.
Thanks.

Just had a look in the box of stuff I got with the tank and there's a heater with it.

Back
Top Bottom