Hi Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MokaMommy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
My father always kept a tank in the house, so I’m not new to fish keeping although it’s been a while. Typical of a lot of folks, my son won a goldfish at a carnival…so I just HAD to get a tank to put him in :). I explained to my husband I needed a 55 gallon, because in the long run it’s so much easier than a smaller tank. I found a tank on craigslist from a woman who was moving a few states over, and couldn’t take her babies, traded the goldfish to my LFS and six months later I’ve become obsessed with the plants of all things!

Because I do have small children I’m trying to keep things as low tech/budget friendly as possible, but at the same time, my husband and two boys have really taken an interest in “mom’s” tank.

This site and the people on it have been an awesome source of info!!

Hi Moka, and welcome to the AA forum! :welcome: So you have a 55 Gal. plants only tank? That's really cool. How about some pics?

Sorry for the confusion, I definitely don't have a plants only tank!

Initially I was all about fish, and the plants were an afterthought. I would go to the store and buy some plants, they'd die, I'd buy some more they'd die, so I started researching to figure out the problem. I thought I could just buy anything and stick it in the tank :ermm:. Needless to say I started learning about low-light, high-light...and got interested. My goal plant wise is to stick with all low light plants. I've actually purchased some from a member on here (toddnbecka) and they're beautiful!

As far as fish go I have

4 green tiger barbs
3 albino tigers
3 regular tigers
2 glo fish
3 zebra danio
4 yoyos
1 clown pleco (at least this is what my lfs said, I think it's something else)
1 bn pleco ( toddnbecka)
5 fruit salad tetras (I would have never bought if I'd known they were dyed :nono:)

Back
Top Bottom