Hi everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foxygrandpa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys foxy here
Just got into the aquarium game not too long ago (about six months)
I absolutely fell in love with having an aquarium after I had a few tetras in an itty bitty 10g tank
Since then I've upgraded to a 55g tank with a few fish in it
1 common pleco (I have a 150g home for him when he gets too big)
1 African featherfin catfish, definitely my favorite, I call him meatball
5 tiger barbs
4 tetras
1 Bala shark (also have a home for him when he gets too big) also named chutney
2 blue gouramis
And some plants
The right half is planted but the left isn't, I'm slowly taking out the plastic plants and putting in real ones.
This weekend I'm getting a 130g tank and probably gonna do an African cichlids tank but idk yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 94
Good to meet you.

I am glad you are enjoying the hobby and have backup plans for your larger fish. When your Bala gets its upgrade, try to get it some pals. They love schooling

Wish you the best of luck and we will be here for you through every step of the way. (y)

-Raymond
PS: Whatcha feedin your plec?

Some algae wafers and every once in a while some cucumbers
He's grown almost 3x his size since I got him two months ago

Oh nice tank and pleco diet. Some of them like asparagus and some protein when they get older. Hope I can help in the future.

Nice. I've never tried asparagus with my plecos before but I think I will. My current plecos main diet is zucchini with cichlid pellets pressed into it for the protein and pleco logs, like algae wafers but a bit bigger and a small log. Don't forget to get some real driftwood in there if you don't already have some. Plecos need to graze on it for their digestive tract. Here's a pic of my plecos dinner.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419986359.441402.jpg

Oh make sure you blanch the veggies. Asparagus for a little longer because it is tough. Great idea with the cichlid pellets pressed in.

Great ideas guys
Anything in particular I should do to the driftwood before I put it in my tank?

Boiling it will get rid of the bad stuff. Make sure you buy it or learn how to make it and don't gather it off the floor and drop it in. Other than that, you are good to go!

Back
Top Bottom