Hi I'm Jodi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jodisgermanshepherd

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi my name is Jodi and I have been into aquariums for 15 years just got very serious the last 4 years.

I have a 72 bow front tank. *I have tried to do planted on and off for the past 4 years with no success. *I will blame it on the time I was doing large African cichlids but most have died off now. *I have 1 yellow lab fish. 1 mystics cat, 1 phantom green Pleco, mating pair of kribensis. 5 1" babies and some new fry.

I have a Rena XP3 filter that I have been happy with. I tried underground filters but they never seemed to do much for my water quality. I also heard it is bad for the plants trying to root. *Currently I have the power head out just blowing my water around. *Do you the think the underground filter housing will bother the plants at all? Do you think it needs to be removed?

I received a lighting fixture for christmas 2 years ago. I have the 48" aquatic life T5 HO light fixture with lunar LEDs. Timer controls, *420/460, 10,000k(whatever. That means) I am running 1 bulb natural white T5 HO 6000k freshwater lamp. And 1 bulb roseate T5 HO 650nm. The 2 bulbs run at the same time. I just bought the new bulbs 4 months ago. I don't run the 2nd set of bulbs. *But I do run the moonlight just because I like it. * Would you add more light or keep it at the same. I leave the lights on 12 hours a day.

So after struggling trying to get plants my dad had an old co2 canister. I took that and bought and up-aquarium co2 regulator. *I have the psi set at 30 and the BPS at about 1.5. *Would you change anything there? *

I have a Christmas moss carpet I am trying to get started I started it back on June 25th how long do you think before I see results?

Also I have contemplated moving my tank. *I have had a black algea problem on the plants always and recently it got worse I bought some Nerite snails to help which they have. I have a pretty heavy problem around p a piece of wood that I have out java fern and java lace tied to. I have recently took of part of my sun porch which ads a whole bunch of light I have a sun shade over the window and some small thin drapes. Do you think the co2 will help with this or do you think it would be worth moving my tank(seems like a big job)

Please feel free to ask any questions or offer suggestions. I'm sure I will have lots of questions. Oh I have no idea how to upload my photos

Jodisgermanshepherd said:
Hi my name is Jodi and I have been into aquariums for 15 years just got very serious the last 4 years.

I have a 72 bow front tank. *I have tried to do planted on and off for the past 4 years with no success. *I will blame it on the time I was doing large African cichlids but most have died off now. *I have 1 yellow lab fish. 1 mystics cat, 1 phantom green Pleco, mating pair of kribensis. 5 1" babies and some new fry.

I have a Rena XP3 filter that I have been happy with. I tried underground filters but they never seemed to do much for my water quality. I also heard it is bad for the plants trying to root. *Currently I have the power head out just blowing my water around. *Do you the think the underground filter housing will bother the plants at all? Do you think it needs to be removed?

I received a lighting fixture for christmas 2 years ago. I have the 48" aquatic life T5 HO light fixture with lunar LEDs. Timer controls, *420/460, 10,000k(whatever. That means) I am running 1 bulb natural white T5 HO 6000k freshwater lamp. And 1 bulb roseate T5 HO 650nm. The 2 bulbs run at the same time. I just bought the new bulbs 4 months ago. I don't run the 2nd set of bulbs. *But I do run the moonlight just because I like it. * Would you add more light or keep it at the same. I leave the lights on 12 hours a day.

So after struggling trying to get plants my dad had an old co2 canister. I took that and bought and up-aquarium co2 regulator. *I have the psi set at 30 and the BPS at about 1.5. *Would you change anything there? *

I have a Christmas moss carpet I am trying to get started I started it back on June 25th how long do you think before I see results?

Also I have contemplated moving my tank. *I have had a black algea problem on the plants always and recently it got worse I bought some Nerite snails to help which they have. I have a pretty heavy problem around p a piece of wood that I have out java fern and java lace tied to. I have recently took of part of my sun porch which ads a whole bunch of light I have a sun shade over the window and some small thin drapes. Do you think the co2 will help with this or do you think it would be worth moving my tank(seems like a big job)

Please feel free to ask any questions or offer suggestions. I'm sure I will have lots of questions. Oh I have no idea how to upload my photos

Welcome to AA!!

Welcome to AA! Love the tank, very pretty. Depending on whether your on the app or website there should be something on the bottom of the post while writing that says "attachments" that is how you upload photos to your posts

Back
Top Bottom