hiiiii!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MH411

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!!!! Im Megan, im new here, and not really certain about freshwater tropical fish behaviors, just looking for answers hopefully I will get the info I need to keep my fish safe:) I orginally got the tank which is 15 gallons btw, for my 2 children who wanted it spongebob themed,:) currently I have 5 fish and 1 snail.

I have 2 dalmatian mollies, one im sure is female and cant really tell the other, since purchasing them Sunday they seemed to get along untillnthis morning, I notced the mollie picking on the blue snail......I decided move the snail out from veiw maybe try to hide him in the pineapple figure , but the mollie just went in and hovered over the snail like a guard or bully so to speak, it nips at the blue snail and wont leave it alone, and I currently give the snail algae wafers because the tank has accumulated any algae yet. And the mollie constantly nips at the wafer that the snail is trying to consume, it seems a little harrassing.....what should I do....is this normal behavior should I worry....?????

You just need to relax and let the new tank mates get to know one another. Mollies are very curious although do better in groups to keep one another in check. They'll work it out. For now she's probably just bored and/or curious.

Welcome! This picture will help. In the picture it's platys, but it's also the EXCAT same to mollies and guppies ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395309682.812253.jpg

Back
Top Bottom