Howdy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMaier

Aquarium Advice Addict
New member here. I have kept tanks from 2 gallons up to 60 over the past 30 years off and on. Both salt and fresh. At the moment I have a 29 gallon fresh. LED lights, Sunsun 302 canister filter. I use all glass substrate. Removing my prior rock and moving to glass allows me to keep control of my PH and water hardness. I use wood or chunks of coral to tweek if needed. All water changes are DI water. I hate chemicals. I have some plants, moss, tetras, a betta , frog and mystery snails.

New member here. I have kept tanks from 2 gallons up to 60 over the past 30 years off and on. Both salt and fresh. At the moment I have a 29 gallon fresh. LED lights, Sunsun 302 canister filter. I use all glass substrate. Removing my prior rock and moving to glass allows me to keep control of my PH and water hardness. I use wood or chunks of coral to tweek if needed. All water changes are DI water. I hate chemicals. I have some plants, moss, tetras, a betta , frog and mystery snails.

Welcome!!! Look forward to seeing some pictures if you're able to post them. I've never heard of using all glass before. Does that create a "frosty" look in the substrate?

Some of the glass is smooth and other that is tumbled has a frosty look. I added some pics to my album. I am having problems adding to posts? There is a close of of one of my khuli's so the glass is very visible.
104944-albums14544-picture70203.html

I usually use my phone. I'm hardly ever on my computer anymore. Nice to know its not me being dense.

Thanks for trying.

I have found it challenging posting pics from albums using the mobile app. Much easier to do using the non-mobile browser.
Using the mobile app, you can post directly from your devices photo library or camera:
QVoCpxDh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had no idea there was an app! Found it. Thanks. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1463202056.432858.jpg

This shows the glass well.

That's an interesting look! Kind of otherworldly almost. Your fish shows up well!

Sent from my IPhone

55 gallon, 30 gallon, 38 gallon

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1463247157.878174.jpg
Here is another shot where you can the seaglass and the tumbled. Very different textures. Also a larger glass rock. All of the edges are smooth to keep everything safe.

Tank, as in singular. Lol. Don't give me any ideas.

Tank, as in singular. Lol. Don't give me any ideas.

Warning: Folks here are more than happy to help you buy things and spend your money. MTS (multiple tank syndrome) is a common affliction here.

OMG I lied! I completely forgot about the second tank outside with plants. As I take cuttings from my main tank I put the cuttings in there Only other thing in there a pink ramshorn snails to control the algae.

Ha! I also throw my cuttings out there. They usually send out growth above the water line. Otherwise, they have to complete with the lily, floating plants, and algae.

I have officially joined the MTS club. My main tank in my office 29g. A 5g outside I use as a plant grow tank. A 10g in the garage as a snail hatchery/nursery. And my hubbie has a 20g he is going to grow spirulina.

I have officially joined the MTS club. My main tank in my office 29g. A 5g outside I use as a plant grow tank. A 10g in the garage as a snail hatchery/nursery. And my hubbie has a 20g he is going to grow spirulina.

Nah, not seeing the issue :)

I think a main tank with some 'helper tanks' like QT, grow-out, spare tank with betta for erm something & another spare tank to first spare tank is kind of like a large sump system.

Sadly still working on that defence.

Back
Top Bottom